Beautiful Bizarre 035
Beautiful Bizarre is a quarterly contemporary art magazine for artists, designers, enthusiasts, collectors and galleries.
In this issue are featured Lindsey Carr, Charlie Immer, Ben Ashton, and many more artists.
Exclusive In-Depth Interviews: Michael Hussar [cover artist], Darian Mederos, Shae Detar, Roland Mikhail [Winner of the 2021 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize]
Path to Creation: June Stratton takes us through the creation process of one of her incredible paintings, from ideation to completion
Feature Articles: Fabiola Jean-Louis, Ben Ashton, Erik Mark Sandberg, Lindsey Carr, Jennifer Allnutt, Charlie Immer
2021 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize: Special editorial featuring this year’s winning artworks by
- Winner of the 2021 Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize – Roland Mikhail
- Winner of the RAYMAR Traditional Art Award – Tran Nguyen
- Winner of the INPRNT Photography Award – Bella Kotak
- Winner of the Yasha Young Projects Sculpture Award – DD-Anne
- Winner of the iCanvas Digital Art Award – Jisu
Lookbook: Stunning full page reproductions of Ania Tomicka’s paintings
Snapshot Q&A: Sandra Yagi, Evan Lovejoy, Ebony Russell, Laura Rubin, Horka Dolls, Gina Kalabishis, all respond to the same 4 questions which delve into their artistic practice:
- What’s one thing the pandemic has taught you?
- Do you think art should have a deeper meaning or value or can art just be for art’s sake?
- What response do you want to evoke in your viewers?
- What do you find is the most exciting part of the creative process?
Curators Wishlist: Lawren Alice, Co-Founder & Curator of Arch Enemy Arts, shares what she would like to add to her personal collection
Artist + Artist: Artist couple, Sara & Shane Scribner share an intimate conversation about life, love and creating together.
Some of our Favourite Things: We share some of our favourite wearable art brands including: Pavillon Parade, LIKEADRUGG, Lada Legina , Hauteqatur, ANKOA, Saloon Design House.
Texts in english